Monday, September 7, 2015

Weekend Hair & Makeup


This long weekend has been so so nice.  I was really feeling pretty beat up from the past few weeks of work.  It has been great to sleep in, be lazy, and get some things done around the house that desperately needed attention.  I feel ready to go back to work tomorrow and conquer the world!  Or at least survive until Friday when we get paid again.  Hubby and I already have big plans for some Kohl's cash usage and some burrito consumption.


Last week I gave a bit of a sneak peak at my new hair cut.  For the last five months or so, I've been gradually going shorter and shorter as I attempted to find a lower hairstyle that was low maintenance, looked cute, and still felt like "me".  I think I'm finally getting closer.  This length just behaves well for me.  I also like that I can straighten and style it in about three minutes or if I want to put in a little more effort, I can do a cute wavy style with about seven minutes of time.


Also, let's talk about the makeup I'm wearing in these photos.  On the weekends, if I'm not going anywhere for the day, I tend to go with a lot less makeup.  Because some times I just need to be lazy.  In these photos, I'm wearing:
1. Pixi Brightening Peach Correction Concentrate (undereye to hide my always dark circles)
2. L'Oreal True Match Super Blendable Powder in n1: Soft Ivory
3. N.Y.C. High Definition Liquid Eyeliner in Extra Black
4. Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express Waterproof Mascara in Classic Black
5. Carmex Lip Balm



I've been experimenting with doing a bolder black liquid eyeliner with little other eye makeup (think Lauren Conrad but less dramatic).  It's not really going so well though.  I have no problems with lining my right eye but I feel like I'm fumbling with my left one since I'm right handed.  Then even if I give it time to dry, I end up smudging the liner when I curl my lashes.  Or I smudge it later by rubbing my eyes.  I think I'm just a pencil liner kind of person.  I guess some times being Experimental Beauty is also about finding out what doesn't work for me.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment