Saturday, July 18, 2015

Date Night Outfit & Hair


Monday is my first day back at work.  I'm really excited not only to start my new job, but also to get back into some sort of normal routine after everything that has happened in the last few weeks.  Today, to commemorate the end of summer for me, Brian and I went out on a little dinner date.  Since I actually changed out of my pajamas for once, I figured it was worth taking a few pictures of my hair and outfit to share.

Outfit:
I wanted to keep the outfit simple since this was a pretty casual date but it was also absurdly hot here today.  This shirt is light and cool and the skirt is cute but has an elastic waistband that is perfect for dinner out but still looks like you tried.  Comfy, cool, and cute work for me!

cobalt polka dot top: Belk
black utility skirt: Kohl's
black peeptoe espadrilles: Boscov's


Hair:
I got my hair trimmed this morning and went just a smidgen shorter than last time.  She cut the layers shorter too and I'm not sure I'm loving that yet but the great thing about hair is that it grows back and mine grows fast.  It always takes me a few days to decide how I feel about new hair cuts.

I already had some texture spray and hair spray in my hair when I started.  I used a 3/4 inch flat iron to add a bit of wavy texture by just sort of turning the flat iron, starting in the middle of my hair section and stopping before the end.  Then I added just a spritz more of hair spray.  However, as soon as I stepped out into the humid air here, it pretty much fell flat and pretty straight again.  I should have probably stuck with my beach spray to keep the style locked in.

No comments:

Post a Comment