Thursday, April 9, 2015

My Most Used Face Brushes


I've really gotten into a routine lately with my makeup brushes where I find myself using the same ones often and being very satisfied with how they are performing.  I thought I would share the ones I use the most and what I use them for.  I included links to any brushes that I could find more information about as well.

1. EcoTools Powder Brush - I use this as intented, to apply powder over my foundation.  I find that it applies a good amount of product for me, not too much and not too little.
2. Real Techniques Expert Face Brush - I love this brush for blending out foundation.  Not only does it do a great job of blending while still being small enough to get around your eyes or nose, but, here's the best part... it comes clean!  I have had other foundation brushes that I liked before but it was like they would get ruined because you just couldn't get the product out.  I don't know about you but I don't want nasty old foundation and bacteria being rubbed on my face over and over.  I got this one at Kohl's with a five dollar off coupon, but I think it would even be worth it for the full price of $9.  Plus it's really soft.
3. Angled Blush Brush - I got this brush at Walmart ages ago.  It was their generic sort of store brand, maybe Essential Tools?  Anyway, it is amazing.  It's incredibly soft, has lasted me years (although I did have to super glue the ferrel and handle back together on both this brush and my EcoTools powder brush) and was really inexpensive.  I use it to apply contour to my cheeks and sometimes to bronze my forehead/hairline.
4. Up & Up Blush Brush - I got this amazing brush at Target and I fell in love with it!  It's soft and the perfect size for me to apply blush.
5. e.l.f. Studio Blush Brush - I got this brush at the same time as the Up & Up one.  I actually feel like this one is way too small for me to apply blush with but I love it to highlight my cheekbones.
6. e.l.f. Studio Small Tapered Brush - I absolutely love this brush for setting my undereye concealer with powder.  It's the perfect size and can really get into those nooks and crannies of your eyes.  It's also soft and delicate enough for that sensitive area of my face.  I think it would make a good highlight brush as well.
7. e.l.f. Kabuki Face Brush - I love to use this brush when I go a little blush or bronzer crazy.  It's great to blend out large portions of your face with some circular motions.  It's really big and fluffy.  I always use it bare just to buff out color products.

And those are my most used face brushes!  Of course, that's not every brush I use but I tend to use these ones almost every day.  Stop by again soon for my most used eye brushes.

No comments:

Post a Comment