Friday, April 3, 2015

March Favorites


I love monthly favorites posts!  They are just so easy to write when you're basically talking about stuff you've been loving.  Here's what I've been enjoying this month.

Coastal Scents 28 Neutral Palette: I ordered this palette at the beginning of the month and used it at least ten times this month.  It's just sort of a no brainer for work since everything (except one random hot pink shade) is very neutral.  I will say that I feel like a lot of my looks come off very similar because many shades in the palette are similar, but that doesn't really bother me.
e.l.f. Studio Blush in Pink Passion: This blush is so pretty!  It's really crazy looking bright in the pan but it just gives your face a subtle healthy glow if you wear it sheer.
Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Foundation in Buff: You realize just how attached you are to your foundation when you have to travel without it and feel slightly panicked.  This just was too big and bulky to take with me for a weekend stay.  I'm about halfway through this tub and I already know I'll be repurchasing it.  The coverage is good, it blends easily, and lasts through the day.
Essence Silky Touch Blush in Autumn Peach: This is another pretty blush that gives a great glow and is easy to apply.  I've been using this at least once a week.
Physician's Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50 Bronzer in Fair: I've had this blush for ages but I'm starting to see some major pan on it and now that it's days are numbered, I'm sort of sad.  It's just a really great bronzer for fair skin but I will take heart in the fact that I've already found a replacement that I love.  (Essence Sun Club Matt Bronzing Powder in 01: Blondes - Lighter Skin)
Rimmel Fix and Perfect Pro Primer: This primer smells nice to me and works like a dream.  Some primers make my forehead look greasy (worse than if I wore no primer) but this one just works great for my skin.
Wet N Wild Color Icon Bronzer in Reserve Your Cabana:  I love using this as a highlight for my cheekbones.  It's the only highlight that I have that isn't super shimmery and I love that about it.
Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips Nude Eyeliner (pewter shade): This liner went with me on my trip and reminded me just how nice it is.  The shimmer in it makes it less easy to tell when your liner isn't so perfect.
Rimmel Scandal Eyes Liner in Nude: This liner is a miracle worker.  When you didn't get enough sleep the night before, this just brightens up the lower water line and it wears quite well for me.
Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express Waterproof Mascara in Classic Black: It was a rainy March for me and this waterproof mascara kept me from looking weepy.  It also holds a curl really well and I had forgotten how much I love waterproof mascaras for that purpose.
Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish Lipstick in 08: This is the perfect shade of lipstick.  It adds a little something without looking overdone and fussy.  I swear, it's perfect for any occassion and it's become my go to lip color.
Milani Eye Shadow Primer: This primer just kicks butt!  I've tried several primers and this one is the best, including a couple of high end ones.  It just somehow magically keeps my shadow from ever creasing when nothing else could and it's so affordable.
Savvy Satin Eye Shadow Trio in Vintage Wines: This traveled with me to Pittsburgh and reminded me how awesome this tiny little trio is!  They are so easy to apply and blend out and it takes up barely any space.  This may become my go to travel shadow.
Wet N Wild Color Icon Shadow Single in Brulee: I've hit some major pan on this guy and with good reason.  This is a matte cream shade that I find makes the perfect natural looking brow highlight.  It can also double as an under eye setting powder.  It can even do triple duty.  I use it to clean up any mistakes when I contour my eyes.  If the dark powder goes further down than I want, a little of this shadow can clean it up.

What products are you currently loving?

2 comments:

  1. Nice favorites! I had the 28 neutral palette but I passed it along to a friend when I was cleaning out my stash. I have been toying around with getting it and the one comes with blushes again. I've purchased the Milani primer and it just doesn't work for me which is a bummer. I may try it one more time. The Too Faced Semi Sweet Chocolate Bar palette was a favorite for me in March. It was so easy to use. I didn't want to put it away. Some other favorites for the month were Zoya's Monet, Buxom Lip Creams in White Russian and Mai Tai and a Covergirl foundation. The foundation is big because I typically don't have any luck with drugstore foundations due to shade ranges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard good things about White Russian. KathleenLights on YouTube has mentioned it in a couple of videos. I've also been hearing good things lately about CoverGirl Foundations. I haven't tried one in a while so maybe I'll have to give them another look when I'm at the drugstore again.

      Delete