Empties are funny because some months I have a ton and some months I don't have much at all. This month there are only a few, which wasn't that surprising to me because I had so many last month. And I have several products that I'm close to finishing in the next few days so I won't be surprised at all if next month I have a lot as well. Here's what I finished off in March.
1. TopCare Hypoallergenic Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes - I get these at my local Winn-Dixie. They often go on sale for around $2 and then I tend to stock up because I haven't found any other brand of makeup wipes that Iike as much as these. You get thirty in a pack so when they are on sale, you really can't beat the price. I will definitely continue to purchase these and have already replaced them.
2. Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes - I bought these for our weekend trip to Pittsburgh since it was a small pack. The pack of seven wipes was about $2. These worked okay but I felt like I had to scrub more with these wipes than my TopCare ones. I probably wouldn't repurchase these.
3. Essence Lash & Brow Gel Mascara - I used this to set my brows. It worked well but I found that the wand pulled off a lot more gel than I needed so I was always trying to wipe off the excess and felt like I wasted a lot of the product. It was okay but I've purchased the Nyx Control Freak Brow Gel to replace it.
4. Maybelline Define A Brow Pencil in Medium Brown - This pencil is perfect for what I need. I have pretty thick brows already but they aren't symmetrical. One is a bit thicker than the other so I really just use this to darken them and make them look more like they match. This pencil does a good job of that and is dry enough that it doesn't slip off. I've already repurchased a replacement. However, I had to go to about four different stores to find this shade. They didn't have it in stock at Ulta, Target, or Walmart but I managed to find it at CVS. I'm hoping they aren't discontinuing that shade, as it's a pretty good match for me.
5. Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express Waterproof Mascara in Classic Black - I just love the way this mascara holds a curl and makes my lashes look longer and darker. My lashes are already really long but not that thick. I've repurchased this already but next time I might try a different waterproof mascara. I've had a lot of irritation with my eyes lately and have actually been to the eye doctor to find a solution. They have me trying several different kinds of contacts right now and the one day, my eyes were really itchy and irritated and after much rubbing of them, I noticed this mascara had flaked off all over my under eye area and was giving me a raccoon look. I'm thinking of trying the Maybelline Pumped Up Colossal Mascara next. It might be just different enough for me without straying too far from my beloved Colossal.
6. e.l.f. Studio SPF 45 Sunscreen - This powder was a hot mess for me. It was sold as like a one-color-fits-all powder but it was way too orange for me. I used it for a while on weekends and when I wasn't working or going anywhere just to use it up. Then I thought the orangey tone in it might be good for color correction under my eyes so I started using it there. However, I found it to crease and settle into fine lines very badly. One day I looked in the mirror and thought to myself, 'When did I start looking so old?'. When I stopped using it under my eyes, suddenly I looked normal again. I very much disliked this powder. I will not repurchase it and I wouldn't recommend it.
7. Physician's Formula Mineral Wear Talc Free Mineral Face Powder in Translucent Light - I feel like since my PF Healthy Wear Powder Foundation was discontinued, I've been wandering listlessly from one powder to the other, searching for the perfect replacement. I've used a couple of these talc free compacts and decided this is not the one for me. It tends to look a little heavy on the skin and when you dip your brush into it, powder flies everywhere. I guess that's because it's talc free? I'm trying out a few other powders right now, but haven't found a replacement that I love. Anyone have suggestions?