Monday, April 6, 2015

March Budget


This past month, with Brian and I flying out to Pittsburgh with one day's notice, things got a little hairy with the budget.  Mainly, I forgot about a couple of items that I had purchased right before leaving and and a few I bought while we were gone until I started working on this post!  It's okay though because we received some spending cash from our families while we were visiting that offset the extra $50 or so I ended up spending.  I'm not putting every single item in this post because it would probably be a long and boring list but I included all the cosmetic type items and the one clothing item.  Let's start with the photo above.

Sally Hansen Salon Effects: I actually had purchased another set of these but I already used them and blogged about them.  The other one I purchased and haven't used yet and the style is called Spot On.
Coastal Scents 28 Neutral Palette: Loving this neutral eye shadow palette!  It's a mix of shimmer, satin, and matte finishes.  It's a great palette for work days or any days.
Wet N Wild Color Icon Shadow Single in Brulee: This is a replacement, as I've hit pan on mine.  I've repurchased this item probably three or four times now.
Essence Sun Club Matt Bronzing Powder in 01: Blondes for Lighter Skin I purchased this for when I finally finish my other bronzer.
Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish Lipstick in 33: I bought this while in Pennsylvania because I've never seen this shade before and I love this line of lipsticks.
NYC Smooch Proof Liquid Lip Stain in On Everyone's Lips: I wanted to try out a lip stain that was a more natural color and for less than $3, this was low risk.  It's okay but not great.  More testing needed though.
Rimmel BB Cream in Light: I wrote a lot more about this in my travel makeup post but basically I bought this to serve as a dual moisturizer and foundation while traveling but it was quite a let down.  Not very moisturizing and way too dark for me.
Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express Waterproof Mascara in Classic Black: This was a replacement, since I used up the other tube I had of this waterproof mascara.
Essence Lip Liner in Satin Mauve: I wanted a lip liner with more mauve and less brown than the others I have.  It's a good shade but I need to try it more.
Maybelline Define-A-Brow Pencil in Medium Brown: I used up one of these and needed a replacement.  I use it every day to make my brows more symmetrical.
Nyx Control Freak Brow Gel: This was another product to replace my other brow gel I used up.  I've only used it once so far but good first impression.
Jordana 12HR Made To Last Eyeshadow Pencil in Continuous Almond: I'd heard some people say this pencil made a great waterliner that lasted all day.  I still like the way my Rimmel Scandal Eyes in Nude works better but I haven't yet tried this as a shadow so I think it might make a good base.  I picked it up while in Pennsylvania, since there is a Kmart near our families there.  The nearest one to us here in Florida is like 35 minutes away.



Next, I have some fun decorative stuff!  First, I redid some stuff in my makeup area with some new shelving units from Target.  I got two of these and I love how they look!  Even my hubby commented on how much nicer they looked than the cheap end table I was using before.  And it gave me room to decorate a little.
Taylor Swift Wonderstruck Perfume: I have wanted a bottle of this perfume for ages (remember my manicure inspired by the bottle?) and I finally found that it's really discounted now that she has a bunch of other fragrances out there.  I love the bottle and the scent on this but it doesn't last long on me at all.
Room Essentials Adjustable 3 Shelf: These come in espresso or white.  I like that they have adjustable shelves and are big enough to hold most Sterilite drawers.
Slow Down sign: This sign reminds me to slow down and enjoy life and the process of starting my day with makeup and happiness.  I used a 40% coupon and got it for a great price!
Katy Perry Purr Perfume: I don't even really like the smell of this perfume that much.  I seriously only bought it because I thought the bottle was so stinking cute!  This is another perfume that is seriously discounted now that she has newer fragrances out there.  This 1.7oz bottle was only $14.90 at Bealls Outlet.  That's a good price for a cute decoration that can double as a perfume.
Pink Sign: This sign was another Bealls Outlet purchase.  We live right next to one and have a rewards card where every Friday, your whole purchase is 15% off!  This sign says: Our family runs on love, laughter, and strong coffee.  So true!  This little area of my makeup space is now my favorite spot in the house!


Scarf: And finally, I can't forget about my cat print scarf!  This is one of those items that I almost did forget about, which is weird because I've worn it at least ten times already.  If you can't tell from the Purr purchase, my husband and I are crazy cat people and when I saw this at the outlet mall for $8, I knew it had to be mine.  It's my new favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment