Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Target Makeup Brushes


Anyone want to take bets on the two things I needed from Target this time?  A blush brush and batteries.  In my defense, this was a different Target than the one I usually go to and they had different items at this one, specifically a lot of e.l.f. items that my Target doesn't carry.  I love e.l.f. because you can try things and if they don't work out, you're only out a couple of bucks.

e.l.f. Studio Volume Plumping Mascara - I wanted to try out a new mascara.  Low risk at only three dollars.
e.l.f. Studio Blush Brush - I'm also experimenting with some different makeup brushes, since they were so inexpensive.  I find this one a bit small for blush but I'm actually quite liking it for applying highlighter right now.
Maybelline Baby Lips in Peach Kiss - I'm so addicted to tinted lip balms right now.  Low maintenance color with no mirror needed.
Nyx Round Lipstick in Tea Rose - As I said earlier this week, I have been trying to find this lipstick for years and it was always either sold out or someone had opened and swatched the stick or nicked it.  No longer!


e.l.f. Studio Small Tapered Brush - I actually bought this brush to apply highlighter but I'm currently using it to apply powder under my eyes.  I'm still figuring out exactly how I want to use this brush.
e.l.f. Studio Kabuki Face Brush - I do own two kabuki brushes both they were both like a free with other stuff you bought deal and were not really working for what I needed.  This one is far larger and softer and I plan to use it to quickly blend my blush, bronzer, and highlighter.
e.l.f. Essential Eyelash Curler Refill X3 - For years, I have been faithfully loving my e.l.f. Essential Eyelash Curler but my Target didn't carry the refill pads so I would have to buy a whole new lash curler every time.  No more waste!  I stocked up so I would be good for the next year or so.
Up & Up Blush Brush - After checking out several e.l.f. brushes for blush, I just didn't love the size of any of them for blush.  I was feeling a little Goldilocks... this one was too big, that one was too small.  But this Up & Up brush seemed just right.  Now if it just passes the softness test, life will be good.  I have sensitive skin and scratchy brushes tend to really bother my skin.  I actually really wanted this one but $17 is just way more than I wanted to spend.  If I don't love this one, I guess I'll have to check out Walgreens or CVS or maybe even Ulta.  Real Techniques has a nice blush brush that's similar to the Sonia Kashuk one but far more affordable.
L'Oreal True Match Super Blendable Powder in N1 Soft Ivory - Ever since my beloved Physician's Formula Healthy Wear Powder was discontinued, I feel like I've been trying to find the perfect replacement powder with no luck.  I'd heard good things about this powder but I really had no clue what shade to go for!  They give you a series of questions to answer in order to match you but I found my answer to most questions was "Um, I'm not sure.  Both?"  So I just went with the neutral shade to try to play it safe.  I actually think that oddly, it's a little light on me.  Usually when lines have four or five options, I'm the lightest shade but I guess with this many options, I should have realized that I should go slightly darker.  I'm hoping it would balance out with a foundation that's a shade too dark.
L'Oreal True Match Super Blendable Blush in Precious Peach - This was the peachy shade that coordinated with the powder I picked.  Needless to say, my first impression is that it is also too light and I was disappointed in the pigmentation.  Maybe it was the lighting so I'll try to give it another chance before I make my final verdict.

*These items were all purchased in January and will not be included in my February budget.

4 comments:

  1. I miss your fashion pictures! What outfits are you wearing these days?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan! I haven't been showing them because I've mostly been rewearing outfits that I've already posted. Lots of sweaters and scarves! I'll keep your request in mind if I wear something that hasn't already been posted. :)

      Delete
    2. I just discovered Nordstrom support pantyhose in black. They wear and feel exactly like tights but with the look of hose. They go great with skirts and dresses. Try them out!

      Delete
    3. They sound awesome! I'll have to look into it.

      Delete