Monday, February 16, 2015

Recreate Someone Else's Mani

This post somehow got lost in my drafts folder and never got published.  Better late than never, right?


Today's nail challenge was to recreate someone else's mani from earlier in the challenge.  Since I did this challenge by myself, I just decided to recreate someone else's mani that I liked.  I decided on beach waves from The Nailasaurus.  No surprise that mine is not as awesome as Sammy's but I still really liked it.



I started out with two coats of NYC Fashion Safari.  I really love the formula on this particular polish.  It's thin enough to apply easily yet easily opaque in two coats.  It's a perfect mannequin hands polish for me.



After that was dry, I used a makeup wedge sponge to dab on Essie Coat Azure to the tips.  Finally I used an eyeshadow sponge applicator to apply Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear White On to make the foam on the waves.  I topped it all off with a coat of NYC Grand Central Station.



I can't believe I'm done with this nail challenge!  To be honest, I'm kind of happy about it.  I need to remember that 31 days is too many nail challenges for me.  I get bored with it around day 15.  If I do this again in the future, I'll have to remember to pick a shorter challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment