Thursday, February 19, 2015

Mattes: Eye Shadows



I found that through the month of December and into the beginning of January, my skin was really drier than usual.  An effect of that dry skin was more visible lines that made me feel like it was adding a few years to my face.  As I combated that dry skin, I took to wearing matte shadows and blushes more often to try to reduce the look of those lines.  My skin is back to a more normal texture for me now, but I thought it would be nice to share some of my favorite mattes in eye shadows and blushes from the drugstore.  I'm not sure if some of these are discontinued but maybe someone else has the same thing kicking around in their collection and this might remind them to pull that out and use it again. I'll also be posting my matte blushes tomorrow or the next day so stop in for that post too.

Row 1:
Maybelline Color Tattoo in Tough as Taupe
Milani Bella Eyes Gel Powder Eyeshadow in Bella Taupe
Nyx Hot Singles Eyeshadow in Happy Hour
Nyx Nude Matte Shadow in Bare My Soul
Nyx Nude Matte Shadow in Skinny Dip
e.l.f. Studio Single Eyeshadow in Pebble
Nyx Single Eyeshadow in Dark Brown
L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Endless Pearl
Cover Girl Eye Enhancers Eyeshadow in Brown Smoulder
Physician's Formula Matte Collection Quad Eye Shadow in Canyon Classics
Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow Trio in Almond Truffles
L'Oreal Wear Infinite in Canyon Stone
(Not pictured) Wet N Wild Single Eyeshadow in Brulee

2 comments:

  1. I love that physicians formula quad. Works so well with other shimmery shadows and palettes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I saw two other matte PF quads at Ulta on Friday that looked really nice too but I had the feeling I already had similar shades in my collection elsewhere. But this one is really basic, every day shades.

      Delete