Sunday, January 25, 2015

Weekly Makeup Bag


Let's take a look at what I've got in my makeup bag to use this week!  I have products for eyes, lips, and face.  Some of these are new items that have been in hauls the past week or will be featured in a haul post later this week.  Some of these are products I've had but haven't used for ages.



Eyes:
Coastal Scents Revealed Palette - This palette is an all neutral shadow palette.  I actually ordered mine on Amazon for under twenty dollars.  I've only used it twice but I'm amazed at how incredibly pigmented the shadows are and I'm also pleased that there are several matte shades as well that are also really smooth and easy to blend.
Nyx Slide On, Glide On, Stay On Eyeliner in Brown Perfection - I've finally found an eyeliner that I like better than this one so I'm trying to use it up.  It won't take long because it's an extremely soft pencil liner and every time I sharpen it, it seems like it shrinks half an inch.  We'll see how long it takes.



Lips:
e.l.f. Lipstick in Classy - I've had this for ages but never wear it.  I've been on the hunt for a rose lipstick and realized I should shop my stash too.  Who knew I already had a perfect one?
Essence Lipstick in Coralize Me! - This is actually a very wearable coral/peach lip shade, as it's slightly on the shear side.  Another one I haven't worn in ages.
Nyx Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Nude Peach - I thought this would top of Coralize Me nicely and add some shine.
Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie - I've been really digging the tinted lip balms lately so I thought I would give this a try again.
NYC Expert Last Lip Color in Creamy Mauve - This is something new and I think it might have been limited edition.  It was labeled on the wrapper as a Satin Matte and it was in a separate display at CVS from the rest of the NYC line.
Nyx Round Lipstick in Tea Rose - This lipstick has been raved about for ages and I've literally been trying to buy it for years but it was always sold out at Ulta or even now at CVS.  I finally found it in stock at my Target and I see why so many people like it!  It's not too different from my natural lip tone but just adds a little life to the face without looking too done up.
Maybelline Baby Lips in Peach Kiss - I'm so hooked on these Baby Lips balms but I think this one was the most disappointing.  I haven't worn it on the lips just yet but when I swatch it, there's barely any color at all.



Face:
Bronzers & Highlighters
NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny - This is a perfect contouring shade for me.  I hit pan on it ages ago but it never seems to get used up past that.  I'm going to make an effort to put a dent in it.
Physician's Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50 Bronzer in Light - This is another bronzer that I've hit pan on ages ago.  I use this one all over my face to warm up my complexion.
Hard Candy So Baked Bronzer in Hula Hula - This is another bronzer I use all over my face.  It has more of a satin finish so I don't love it when I have blemishes but my skin is looking pretty good at the moment.
Hard Candy Blush Crush Baked Blush in Honeymoon - I use this as a highlight.  It's shimmery and adds a nice glow.
e.l.f. Studio Blush in Gotta Glow - Although this is labeled as a blush, it's really a highlight.  It's a golden shimmery powder, very similar to Too Faced Candlelight.  I have both and they give the same effect, though I do find the quality of the elf to be a little more chalky in the pan.  On the face, I can't tell the difference.

Blushes
Nyx Rouge Cream Blush in Glow - I never used this blush much until I got the e.l.f. small stipple brush.  It applies so much easier now and I love the natural flush it gives.
Cover Girl Cheekers Blush in True Peach - If you couldn't tell, this is a loved blush.  I've hit pan but actually stopped using it because I don't won't to run out of it!  I had to remind myself that I could always get another peach blush but this one is just so flattering and is satin and not shimmery.
Physician's Formula 100% Natural Origin 2-in-1 Bronzer & Blush in Light Bronzer/Pink Rose - I thought this rosey blush would look great with the e.l.f. Classy lipstick I picked out.
Cover Girl Cheekers Blush in Soft Sable - This was one of the first blush shades I ever remember owning, back in early high school or late junior high.  I picked it out for nostalgic purposes this week.
Mary Kay Mineral Cheek Color in Citrus Bloom - This is a super pretty matte coral blush.  So fresh and pretty.

 This seems like a lot of products!  Now that I've reorganized my makeup area and have started watching YouTube beauty videos while I put on my makeup, I'm really enjoying doing it again.  It's something I look forward to now instead of just another chore.

4 comments:

  1. Revlon lip butter in berry smoothie I've actually finished... that never happens! I've also finished nyc sunny. Both great products that I have repurchased.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't figure out why I gave up on Berry Smoothie but I'm glad I rediscovered it! I guess that happens when you have too much makeup!

      Delete
  2. You've gotten me inspired to do weekly makeup baskets myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara! I find that it's really helping me to use more of my collection, instead of just reaching for the same things because I'm pressed for time.

      Delete