Monday, January 12, 2015

Small Haul


This weekend I stopped by a few stores and picked up just a few new makeup items.  I tried not to go too crazy but I've found that lately my skin has been extremely dry and I needed some products more conducive to that texture.  Living in Florida for the last eight and a half years, I'm really not used to my skin being dry because it's normally so humid here.  It's been quite chilly and dry here lately so I guess that's what's causing it.  I also have a post tomorrow about how I'm rethinking some of the makeup that I have in order to accommodate my current dry skin and also to help get me out of the makeup rut I'm in.  So now that I've justified to myself why I bought these items, here's what I got.

Milani Eyeshadow Primer - My Nyx HD is running low and I wanted to find a good replacement at a fair price.  I did some research and found that this seemed to be a good drugstore alternative.
Neutrogena Moisture Smooth Color Stick in Fresh Papaya - I've been wanting a lip color that is not too loud and also very moisturizing, since my lips have been fairly dry too.  I like this but I'm not sure if I love it because there is quite a bit more shimmer than what I thought there would be.  Also, I was totally shocked when it rang up at nearly $10.  I should have checked that price tag first.  Who would have thought a drugstore lipstick would be ten bucks?  Outrageous to this cheap girl.
Milani Bella Eyes Gel Powder Eyeshadow in Bella Taupe - This was a total impulse buy, brought on by the fact that I've been hunting for drugstore matte eyeshadows and the display actually defined this as "Satin Matte" finish.  Oh my goodness, I'm in love.  If I can get some decent pictures, I'd like to do a post with some swatches of my favorite neutral matte shadow singles but just know if you like that sort of thing, I think you would love this.  Easy to blend, pigmented, and beautiful.  I kind of want all of the neutral satin mattes in this line now!
Nyx Dark Circle Concealer in Light- My friend bought this when we were at Ulta last week and she said she loves it.  I found it to be very very similar to my Pixi Brightening Peach Correction Concentrate but a tad thinner and more emollient.  I'm really liking it right now because my eye area has been one of the really dry spots on my face lately and it's making fine lines look much more noticeable.  I find this formula a bit more forgiving on dry patches.
Nyx Nude Matte Shadow in Skinny Dip - Nothing nude about these shadows.  This is defined on Nyx's website as a matte violet, which might sound a little outrageous but I find it's really pretty and not too crazy when worn in the crease and blended out.  I wanted a matte that was something a little different and I'm really pleased with this.  This is another line of shadows that I would love to own all the neutral shades.
e.l.f. Small Stipple Brush - I actually bought this to use with a couple of cream based products that I already own.  I wasn't getting any use out of the products because they were too hard to blend but this brush really makes it easy.  It was a good solution for only $3!

So that's it!  I restrained myself a little because there are a few other things I need to research more before I take the plunge.  I've had my eye on some Maybelline Baby Lips products but I'm not sure what shade I want.  I also really thought the Coastal Scents Revealed and Revealed 2 Palettes looked really interesting but I need to watch some more reviews on those first.  And last, I need to find a pressed powder foundation that doesn't leave my skin looking so powdery and cakey when it's this dry.  Any suggestions would be welcome!  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment