Thursday, January 15, 2015

On the Menu: Work Lunches

In an effort to eat healthier, I thought I would occasionally post a meal idea or two on the blog.  I know lots of my coworkers and I have been sharing healthy recipes (everyone is on that New Year healthy kick) and I thought this would be a great place to share some too.  I'm starting simple with what I typically pack in my lunches for work.  I've mentioned before that I tend to pack my lunches assembly line style all at once.  On Sunday, I chop and prep fruits and veggies and pack them into Tupperware.  I've gotten it down to about a 45 minute process, which might seem long, but it works for me because by the time I get home from work, I no longer care about healthy and wouldn't normally go to that kind of effort on a weekday.  When I do it on Sunday, they are all ready for the week and all I do is grab my water bottle, ice pack, and Tupperware and toss it all in my lunch bag.



On the menu for lunches this week:
1. carrot coins - I prefer to buy the full carrots and peel and chop them myself.  It's more work but we buy the big bag and it lasts for a few weeks.  And I swear they taste better this way.
2. grapes - Both green and red grapes, although you can't really see the green ones since they are under the red.  They are so easy to just wash and toss in lunches.
3. wrap - I vary what goes in here but it's usually pretty similar to what you see here.  I start with a slather of 1/3 fat veggie cream cheese, a few slices of pepperoni, salad mix or spinach, and sweet peppers.  Sometimes I'll change it up with some peeled carrots or grape tomatoes inside, depending on what looked good in the produce section that day.

Do you have any healthy lunch ideas to share?  I'd love to get some new ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment