Thursday, January 8, 2015

Current Favorites

I've got some quick current favorites to share with you today.  These are things I've found myself reaching for a lot over Christmas break for quick looks so I could get out the door and spend more time with my family.



1. Hard Candy Duo Baked Eyeshadow in High Maintenance - This is great for a look by itself.  I like to wear it two ways.  #1: wear the dark shade on the lid and blended into the crease and #2: wear the lighter shade all over the lid and put the darker shade on the outer 1/3 of the lid and also in the crease.  They blend easily the dark shade looks really nice with my green eyes.
2. Nyx shadow single in dark brown - This totally matte shade is such a workhorse in the crease for me.  It pretty much looks good with almost any other shade on the lid.
3. Physician's Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder in Translucent Light - As you can see, I've hit pan on this.  When I went to repurchase it at Ulta, they were sold out of my shade and the shade one darker.  I am so disappointed.  I picked up a different PF powder to try but I don't like it as much and I'm thinking about ordering this same one online just so I don't have to be without it since I can't seem to find my shade in any stores that carry PF around me.  (It is not discontinued so it's available on Ulta's website, PF's website and also Amazon.)
5. Avon Ideal Flawless Concealer Stick in Fair - I found this concealer to be very comparable to Benefit Boi-ing Industrial Strength Concealer but I actually prefer Avon's formula, which is a little less tacky to me and sticks to powder a bit less.  I'm running low on this and I'm seriously considering ordering some more through a lady at my work who sells Avon.  It's just so much less expensive than Benefit but it's a pain that I can't just buy it at a store.
6. Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Eyeliner in Nude - This is the perfect liner for the waterline to make you look like you got a full night's sleep when you didn't.  It glides on really smoothly, has no shimmer or sparkle and it's waterproof so it stays on pretty well.  This is fairly new to me so I can't guarantee it's awesomeness but so far I'm rather impressed and pleased.
7. Maybelline Unstoppable Eyeliner in Espresso - Oh my goodness.  Okay, so this one is also fairly new to me (maybe 3 weeks of use so far) but I am so in love.  I'm always looking for an everyday dark brown eyeliner and this has everything I want.  It's smudgeproof but easy to apply.  It's dark but not black.  It has no shimmer.  And I love that it doesn't come off on my lash curler.  Further use is needed to be sure, but since I bought it I haven't used any other liners.  I'm kind of curious about two other shades in this line, Cinnabar and Pewter.

No comments:

Post a Comment