Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Your Favorite Nail Art Technique


By far, my favorite nail art technique is stamping.  It's easy, it's relatively quick (as far as nail art goes), and it's pretty cheap and easy.  You don't need a lot of fancy equipment and it almost always turns out looking really cute.  This manicure did not disappoint!


After applying a base coat, I used one (yup, just one) coat of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Grease Lightening.  In this photo, it's coming off a little more navy blue than in real life.  In real life, it's a blue toned dark gray creme but no matter how I tried, I couldn't get it to photograph accurately.



Next, I used Pure Ice Outrageous to stamp over it.  I fell in love with the coffee images on the Cheeky Jumbo Home Sweet Home plate and I haven't used any of them yet so I knew that they were going to be making an appearance.  I used the full nail image of the smiley coffee cups and just stamped the littler cup onto my pinky.  My nails were all nubbins when I did this manicure so it was hard to get much more than just one cup to show up but I still think this turned out adorable!  Makes me want a cup of coffee!  I topped it all off with a top coat, which I was sloppy with and smeared the pinky a bit but it's all good.


No comments:

Post a Comment