Friday, December 5, 2014

Inspired by a Blogger


Today's nail challenge is inspired by a blogger.  I was actually pretty much going to copy this manicure from The Nailasaurus but for some reason, I could not get that image to transfer.  I have the exact same plate but I could not make it work.  I tried different stamping polishes, different stampers, different scrapers, and still couldn't get it to work!  Finally I decided this word search stamp was close enough.



After a base coat, I used two coats of Sally Hansen Insta- Dri Presto Pink.  After that, I stamped with an old thickened bottle of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear White On.  The image can be found on Bundle Monster plate BM415.  I topped it all off with a coat of NYC Grand Central Station.



I don't know what my problem was with stamping today but my pinky was the only finger that was easy to stamp.  Every other one, I struggled to get the image to transfer to the stamper.  I only ended up doing these four fingers and then I got so frustrated that I just gave up.  I figured at least it was enough to be able to photograph but oh my gosh, too much work.



This was pretty but definitely not worth the effort!  I've got to figure out what I'm doing wrong with stamping.  Normally the only problem I have is that I never seem to stamp it straight but I've never really had issues with getting the image to transfer.



No comments:

Post a Comment