Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Holiday Road Trip: Bags

This is part 1 in my holiday road trip mini-series.  If you missed the intro yesterday, you can read that post here.



The two main bags that I typically pack are these two: a rolling luggage suitcase and a duffle bag.  This red suitcase is new.  The zipper on my old suitcase broke last Christmas after stuffing my bag much fuller than it should have.  In this bag, I pack the majority of my clothes and any extra shoes I need for my trip.

The second bag I use is a Fila duffle bag, which I like to think of as my overnight bag.  I use this to carry my toiletries, blow dryer, hair straightner, and pajamas/lounge clothes.  This makes it really easy if we run into bad weather on the trip and are forced to stay at a hotel overnight.  Luckily, that hasn't happened yet but it also comes in handy if we arrive in Pennsylvania really late at night.  If we're tired and don't feel like unpacking the entire car, I can just grab this bag and leave my large suitcase until the morning.  I have everything I need to shower and go to bed that night.

Don't forget to stop back in tomorrow for another holiday road trip post!  Tomorrow I'll be talking about my favorite bags for packing toiletries.

No comments:

Post a Comment