If I were going to write a letter to Santa this year, here are some of the fun, functional, and frivolous things I might ask him to bring me.
I've been quite good this year. I've worked hard at my job and tried my best to help my students and the other teachers as well. Here is a list of things I've had my eye on, in case you were wondering.
1. This warm and cozy electric blanket from Target. Even though I live in Florida, I'm a total wimp for the cold and this would keep me warm and cozy on those chilly nights.
2. A pair of black rain boots would make trying to stay dry on rainy days a lot easier and fall into the "functional" category. These are really affordable and available at my local Walmart, so they might just be coming home with me tonight after we pick up some groceries and our Christmas tree, especially since the forecast is calling for quite a few days of rain coming up soon.
3. This plaid blanket scarf from Target that everyone else and their mother has. A blanket that is socially acceptable to wear in public? Yes, please. If I lived some where that was actually cold, I would definitely own this by now. Sort of silly for Florida though.
4. An adorable petite chambray shirt dress, from Loft. I've been on the lookout for one of these for about a year now and probably tried on at least ten and hated the way every one of them looked on me, because not one was petite size so everything fell on me in weird places. But I think it would be the easiest piece to remix ever. Dress it up, dress it down, layer it.
5. This incredibly cute, nerd-worthy Hobbit Door Necklace from Amazon makes me squee! How cute and unique!
6. I ♥ Cats Slippers from Amazon. Just saying... I need some new slippers and these are warm, affordable, and oh-so-me. My pets approve. If you're more of a canine companion person, they have these cute pawprint and bone ones too! Or choose from coffee themed or cocktail themed slipppers.
7. If you're not a Hobbit nerd, maybe a Harry Potter Hermione Time Turner Necklace would be more your thing. Personally, I love both and would be more than happy to geek out with either of these fun necklaces from Amazon.
8. A hooded poncho from Shoptiques would make for another cozy, socially acceptable blanket to wear... which is totally frivolous when I can't wear it to work without attracting sidelong glances. I'm pretty sure I could easily make one for myself with the yards and yards of fleece fabric hanging out upstairs, but I would probably wear it once like the poncho I made a few years ago that is currently serving as a cat bed.
I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! What fun things are on your Dear Santa list this year?