Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Same Dress, Different Color



When I bought my lucky dress this weekend, it was buy one dress, get the second for $5 so this is the same dress in a different color, black.  I really love these dresses because they have sleeves!  Why do all dress makers seem to think we want to wear something over our dresses?  No thanks!  The less I have to think about my outfit, the better.  But don't get me wrong, these dresses aren't perfect.  The shoulders are way too wide for me so I'm going to have to alter them this weekend.  It's just annoying having your sleeves flap around like bat wings all day and then it makes the dress ride up weirdly in other places.  Also, they are too low cut for work, which is why I am wearing a scarf in both outfits.  Honestly, I don't mind the low cut.  It's not scandalously low so I could wear it without a scarf on the weekend.  For work, I wear scarves a lot anyway.  They are a fun and easy accessory that always looks good.

On a sleepy day like today was, this scarf and dress felt almost as cozy as pajamas.  The elastic waist of the dress and a snuggly blanket-like scarf were a winning combo after working twelve hours yesterday, ten hours today, and knowing I have to work twelve hours tomorrow too.  Waaah!  But on the plus side, I only have to work half a day or so Friday so I just have to survive a little longer.  I wish I had another dress like this to wear tomorrow.  Would it be wrong of me to buy this same dress in five patterns/colors so I have one to wear every day?  If comfy, easy outfits are wrong, then I don't want to be right.  And also maybe a different fun color of tights for every day... ;)



2 comments: