Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Inspired by Your Favorite Color


Today was an easy nail challenge for me.  The prompt was inspired by your favorite color, which for me just meant I used one of my untried pink polishes.  I knew I also wanted to use this untried silver glitter that I picked up a few days ago.  Combining the two seemed like an easy pick.



The pinky mauve creme shade is two coats of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear I'm Crabby (Limited Edition Summer 2014 shade) and the silver glitter accent nail is Revlon Diamond Texture.  If you like glitter polishes, run, don't walk to your nearest store and buy this.  It's sort of a texture glitter polish but holy cow, it was opaque in two coats, which is what you see here.  Above on the left is without topcoat and right is with topcoat.  The other day my texture polish with no topcoat chipped in like an hour so topcoat for me!



I was actually planning on stamping over the pink nails with silver polish but I was in a hurry (hence the lack of clean up) and then I decided it looked better simple.



I absolutely love both of these polishes.  This shade of pink is just so flattering on my skin tone.  It's soft and feminine and delightful.  Then the glitter.... loooooooooove!  Again, super opaque.  Could almost be a one coater but I prefer thin coats of glitter so they dry.  Sparkley and I love that there are multiple sizes of silver glitter.  Just to smooth that glitter, I added one coat of Seche Vite to it but the pink nails all got NYC Grand Central Station.



No comments:

Post a Comment