Saturday, October 4, 2014

Inspired by Your Childhood


Another fun nail challenge, inspired by your childhood.  This one was a bit difficult for me, just trying to think of what I could do within my ability.  One of my strongest memories of items that represented my childhood (along with lots of books my mother used to read to me) was this bear, Pammy the Panda Bear.  The story goes that my father bought the stuffed bear for me when I was born, since my first name is Pamela.  I'm pretty sure my mother still has that bear and my grandmother crocheted a blanket for me with the panda on it, which I still have to this day.  So after I had selected my idea, I had to figure out how to execute it with my limited nail art abilities.



After applying my Orly Bonder base coat, I painted my ring finger with Sinful Colors Tokyo Pearl.  I'm really growing fond of this shade as a white.  It's easy to apply with just two or three coats and rather than a flat, boring white, this is a pretty frosty white.  On the rest of my nails, I used two super easy coats of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Presto Pink.


I decided that the closest I could get to a panda in a pink shirt was to use Presto Pink to stamp on this little bear from Bundle Monster Plate BM312.  After the pink dried, I used this black nail pen to sort of dot and fill in the arms, legs, and ears of the stamp.  I also dotted over the eyes to give it the panda touch.  I'm pretty happy with how it turned out!

2 comments: