Thursday, October 16, 2014

A Mani Inspired by You


This nail challenge is a mani inspired by you.  I thought about what that meant and decided it should just be a mani made up of lots of things I love.  Pink, glitter, and school related definitely describe things I love!






Pink is my current favorite color and I'm loving glitter polish right now so I went with an obvious choice: pink glitter!  After applying a glue base coat for easy removal of all this glitter, I dabbed on three coats of Milani Disco Lights.  This is a sparkley dusty pink glitter.  After that, I topped it with a healthy dose of Seche Vite to smooth over that gritty texture.




I stamped over it with Wet N Wild Wild Shine Black Creme so that the contrast would be enough for the stamping to show up.



Next, I had to decide what image to stamp.  Since I love school and always have loved school (one of the reasons that I became a teacher), I figured I'd use the academic image from Bundle Monster plate BMH23.



Definitely me!  I just wish I could get glitter to last longer.  It seems to barely make it to the 24 hour mark for me.

2 comments: