Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Inspired by a Game: Take 2


As soon as I saw this dot and line pattern on Cheeky Jumbo Nail Plate 4, I immediately thought it looked like Connect Four and I knew it would be an easy redemption from yesterday's Tetris nail fail.  I'm definitely much more pleased with this!



After using a base coat to protect my nails, I painted on two coats of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear White On.  This is a really easy to use white creme.  Next I stamped on using Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Lightening, which is a nice opaque yellow creme.  I was trying to mimic the yellow center of the game, though it didn't show up that well.  It was enough for me to be able to see to dot and that's all I needed.



Next, I used a dotting tool to start filling in dots.  First, I filled in the four in a row winning checkers.  Then I filled in randomly around those dots.  I used Wet N Wild Wild Shine Black Creme and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Rapid Red.



I remember watching this commercial as a kid and playing this game so this was a fun nostaglic mani for me.  And I definitely think it turned out better than the Tetris one!



2 comments: