Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Inspired by a Game: Take 1


Oh nail challenge fail!  I'd been wanting to try the decal stamping method for awhile, but I forgot to paint a layer of clear polish on before starting and so it turned out a nightmare.  It ended up somehow smudging the silver polish (even though it was dry), wrinkling, smearing, and smudging like a nightmare.  So here is my tetris nails fail.


After my base coat, I applied one coat of Sally Hansen Insta Dri in Silver Sweep.  I stamped on my stamper with Bundle Monster plate BM416 and Essence The Green and the Grunge.  After that dried on my stamper, I used a dotting tool to fill in the tetris pieces with Sally Hansen Presto Pink, Sally Hansen Brisk Blue and Sally Hansen Flashy Fuchsia.  When all that was dry, I layered it with NYC Grand Central Station and let that dry.  Then I peeled off the decals and tried to apply them, where the fail happened.  No worries though, I'll have a better inspired by a game mani for you tomorrow!



2 comments:

  1. Great job! I would love to see Settlers of Catan inspired nails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a cool idea! That game is so fun but I haven't played in ages.

      Delete