Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Your Favorite Polish


The nail challenge for today stumped me for a few minutes at first because I really have no clue what my favorite polish is!  So I searched my own blog for the key terms: "favorite polish" and just kind of picked one from there that I had actually before called one of my favorites.



 After a base coat of Orly Bonder, I used two coats of Essence Colour & Go Irreplaceable and topped it off with NYC Grand Central Station.  This is a beautiful sandy taupe with lots of golden shimmer.  Since the only other swatches I have of this polish are pretty crummy pictures, I have two great ones to share with you, although they still don't capture just how awesomely shimmery and golden this polish is.



After that was dry, I stamped over it using Sally Hansen Insta Dri Wined Up and Bundle Monster plate BM405 and added another coat of Grand Central Station when done.  I've been "saving" this live, laugh, love image for the perfect manicure and I finally figured that was silly.  While I didn't have the best of luck with the stamping, I love how this turned out!



I was having a hard time getting the image to transfer perfectly, mostly because I either was scraping from the wrong way or didn't roll the stamper when I picked up the image.  It's definitely user error though and not the plate.  Also, I was so concerned with stamping the image the correct way (not upside down) that I forgot to make sure it was straight.  However, I think all the imperfections give the manicure a vintage and romantic look and I think it's perfectly flawed.



No comments:

Post a Comment