Sunday, August 24, 2014

Use It Up: Update 8/24

So sorry I was MIA this week!  It was an extremely busy week at work and I even ended up working from home all day Saturday and until about 4:30 Sunday.  We are having to pull from multiple places this year to teach math and I spent this week and weekend creating lessons and morning work problems for the entire first nine weeks of math this year.  But I'm done and I plan on spending all of next weekend relaxing.  Now on to the fun stuff.

I did it!  I completed the last item in my Use It Up project!  The past two months have gone by really fast and now that I'm compiling the items all into one list, I can't believe how many items I've finished.  I'm patting myself on the back right now.


1. Pixi Undereye Concealer - It's almost as though it were meant to be.  The last item in my project is.. the one and only item that I actually finished on the exact date of my estimated finish.  Weird!  I didn't realize it until I put this photo together.  This stuff actually was used up pretty fast because I end up using quite a good bit of it each day.  It's not my absolute favorite concealer but it's definitely a good one at a fair price.

Now let's just add up all the items I have used since I started this on June 19th.

Product Name
Date Completed
e.l.f. Studio Blush in Candid Coral
June 20, 2014
Benefit Boi-ing Industrial Strength Concealer in Light
June 22, 2014
Maybelline Shine Free Oil-Control Loose Powder in Light
July 9, 2014
NYX Eyeshadow Single in True Taupe
July 10, 2014
Ulta Finishing Powder
July 19, 2014
Physician's Formula black eyeliner
August 11, 2014
Physician's Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50 Powder Foundation in Translucent Light
August 11, 2014
Pixi Undereye Concealer
August 20, 2014

So that makes a total of eight products.  I think that's pretty good for me, especially when I think about how several of the items are things I seem to never use up like eyeliner, blush, and eyeshadow.  I might try this again next summer!  For now, I've been working so much that I'm just throwing on the minimum makeup to make me look human and running out the door.  The beginning of the school year is always rough on me and it's been so hot here (99*F; 37*C on Friday) that it pretty much melts right off anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment