Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Current Makeup Likes


I didn't really want to call this post a "favorites" thing, because these aren't necessarily tried and true favorite products, but more like things I've found myself reaching for a lot lately.  This past week was my first with students and that meant that I was working a lot of extra hours.  I basically got to work an hour early every morning and stayed an hour and a half late every day.  Trying to get to work so early means I need to get out the door fast while still looking like a put together grown up.  These products really helped me.

#1: Physician's Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder in Translucent Light - I tried this powder once before and really liked it.  It came in a kit that my husband bought me, which I think the blush below came with it.  After my beloved PF Healthy Wear Powder Foundation was discontinued, I remembered this powder and I'm glad I did.  It's too early to say for sure yet, but I think I might like this one even better.  At least, it has more coverage.  However, I find it can look a bit heavy.  Solution for that, below.

#2: Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Eyeliner in Brown - The only thing I don't like about this liner is that it has shimmer in it.  That said, it's subtle and not too obnoxious.  What I love about this pencil is that it is super smooth and easy to apply and blend but once it sets, it's there for good.  It's also inexpensive, easy to find, and comes in ten different shades.  I see myself buying this again for sure.

#3: Hard Candy Glamoflauge Concealer Pencil in Light - (I see that they now make this in an Ultra Light shade as well, but when I bought it, this was the lightest shade.)  This is actually the little concealer pencil that comes with the Glamoflauge.  However, I've been using it on my lower waterline to perk up my tired eyes after waking up at 5 AM every morning for the last two weeks.  It goes a long way to make you look more bright eyed when you really aren't that awake.

#4: e.l.f. Makeup Mist & Set - This is the perfect solution to the heaviness of the powder foundation I've been using.  It's also a great way to cool off in the mornings.  It's been in the 80s here when I wake up at 5 and I get pretty warm as I drink coffee while I put on my makeup.  When I'm all done, I spritz a few sprays of this on my face and it serves the double duty of cooling me off and also taming my powder makeup to look more natural.  I hold the bottle about 12 inches from my face so I don't end up spraying so much that my mascara runs.

#5: Physician's Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Blush in Natural Glow - I think this particular shade of blush might be discontinued, but I'm not sure.  What I am sure of is that it's a great matte peachy shade that brightens up your face while still looking natural.  The peach shade is very flattering too.

#6: L'Oreal Infallible 24 HR Eyeshadow in Endless Pearl - I have several of these powder-cream shadows from L'Oreal and they are all awesome.  You can apply them with a brush or just dip your index finger in the pot and apply it like that.  (I also have Amber Rush, Bronzed Taupe, and Iced Latte.)  I have especially been using this shade a lot.  I just rub my finger in the pot and then apply it to my lid.  It's a light matte nude so it just brightens up my eye area quickly and covers any imperfections in the lid.  And it lasts all day, even in heat and humidity without creasing on me.  Good stuff.

These products, along with some undereye concealer and a touch of mascara have had me presentable and out the door fast this week.  What products do you use when you're in a rush?

No comments:

Post a Comment