Friday, August 1, 2014

A New Technique to You


Today's nail challenge is a new technique to you.  I'm not really sure if free hand nail art is considered a technique but I've been wanting to try to do free hand roses for ages.  I've been sort of obsessed with this idea (pinned this, thisthis, this, and copied was inspired by this) for awhile now but I didn't really have the tools to carry it out.  I ordered some nail art brushes from Amazon but it's been nearly a month and they still haven't come in yet so hubby let me borrow one of the tiny paint brushes he uses when painting the model knights and airplanes that he builds.  He even offered to do the art on my right hand for me!



I used Orly Bonder for a base coat, followed by two coats of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Teeny Bikini, which was great application, especially for a yellow polish.  This is another limited edition polish this summer and it's sort of a grayed out pastel yellow, also known as the perfect base color for a rose mani!  Topped it off with NYC Grand Central Station before moving on to the nail art.



To achieve this look, we used a dotting tool to blob on big spots of Sally Hansen Insta Dri Presto Pink.  Next, we used that tiny brush to draw some little lines around the pink blob with a darker pink, Sally Hansen Insta Dri Flashy Fuchsia.  Last, with the same brush (after it had been cleaned with acetone), we used Essence The Green and the Grunge to draw little leaves around the roses.  After it was all dry, a coat of NYC Grand Central Station sealed in the design.



And here is a graphic that shows the left hand, which I did and the right side that Brian did.  Who's the better nail artist, hubby or me?  Either way, I loved the way both hands turned out!  This is one of my favorite manicures I've ever done.

No comments:

Post a Comment