Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Watercolor


I can't believe I'm already half way through the nail challenge!  This was the first time I've ever done a watercolor mani and it may be my last.  It just took a long time for results that I liked but didn't love.



I started out with two coats of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Wet Suit, with a layer of NYC Grand Central Station over it.  Wet Suit is a limited edition shade, out this summer.  It comes out darker on the nail than it looks in the bottle but it is a fabulous, creamy two coater.  This was a great formula and it was so photogenic, I had to include two swatch photos.  So shiny and pretty!



Then I used The Nailasaurus water color Nimbus tutorial but mine didn't come out nearly as pretty as hers do!  I still liked the final look I got though, especially the mix of blues and greens.  In order, I dabbed on: Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Pacific Blue, Sally Hansen Insta Dri Mint Sprint, and Sinful Colors Mint Apple.



I also added another layer of NYC Grand Central Station after I was done with all my Q-tip/acetone dabbing.



No comments:

Post a Comment