Another week has passed and it's time to check in on my Use It Up progress. Let's just say the results are less than stellar this week but I'm keeping at it anyway! No new products completed this week so let's take a look at what has at least been made less. We'll once again start with the items I'm trying to complete use up and then go on to the ones I'm just trying to put a dent in.
Use It Up:
Remember that last week I finished off my e.l.f. studio blush and my Benefit boi-ing concealer so I won't be listing them.
1. Maybelline Shine Free Oil-Control Loose Powder in Light - I keep swearing that I'm making progress on this but it's just so hard to photograph so today I finally wised up and decided to use another tool. As a diabetic, I have to measure out my food portions in order to know how much insulin to take at meals. I used my digital food scale to measure the mass of this container and today's mark was 45 grams. I'll measure again next week and then I'll know for sure if I'm making progress.
- I'm definitely making progress on this one and I'm pretty sure it will be gone in a matter of days. There's just a bit of shadow dust left but I think it will be gone before my estimated finish date of July 15.
3. Physician's Formula black eyeliner - You can really see in these two photos that I'm making progress on this. It's now about half the size it started out as but I think July 10 may have been a bit optimistic of a finish date for this. A more realistic date might be about July 18.
Put A Dent In:
1. Pixi Undereye Concealer - After writing last week about how I had finished my Benefit concealer and wanted to take a look at my Pixi Correction Concentrate again for comparison. Well I didn't realize how little of this product I had left as well so now I'm working on putting a dent in it. I don't think I'll finish it this summer just because such a little goes a long way that I could probably use it every day and not finish it until 2014 is nearly over! We'll see though and for now I plan on using it daily for a little bit. After only about a week I can already see a change in the pot so that's reassuring!
Fair - I swear this looks exactly the same. I use this bronzer all over my face just to warm up the tone because the Maybelline powder tends to make my skin look a little dead. I just use a dusting but still, ugh.
- Again, I swear there's no change in this one either. This bronzer I'm not too surprised about though, because I only use it to contour my cheekbones and I don't use it every day. This project is definitely making me rethink bronzer though. Considering how little they are used each week, I definitely don't need as many as I have and I will not be purchasing any more bronzers of any kind any time soon.
So there it is! Small progress on a few items but still progress! I'm hoping by next week I'll at least be able to finish that eyeshadow and maybe make some progress on the Maybelline powder. This has been sort of fun for me to be able to compare each week so I'm definitely going to keep going with it through the rest of July.