Saturday, July 19, 2014

Use It Up: Update 7/19

It's been exactly one month since I started my attempt to use up some of my older makeup items and I think I've done pretty well!

Use It Up:
Ulta Finishing Powder
Finished: July 19
1. Ulta Finishing Powder - I mentioned last week after finishing my Maybelline loose powder that I realized I still had another loose powder to use.  This finishing powder was only a sample size that came in a larger kit that I got for Christmas one year so there wasn't a lot of product to use up.  I actually finished it this morning.  I did not like this powder at all.  It had a shimmery finish that made my face look greasy after a few hours and it also provided pretty much no coverage.  I will not repurchase this and I'm glad it's gone.  Add another product to my list of finished items!


2. Physician's Formula black eyeliner - I've been making steady progress on this eyeliner, as I have used it every day for the last month.  I thought I would be done with this by now but I guess it will be a few more weeks until it's gone.  Kind of tired of black eyeliner and looking forward to finishing this and getting back to my softer dark brown shades.  This is a perfectly fine liner, I just don't love black liner on my super fair skin.

Put A Dent In:


1. Pixi Undereye Concealer - I'm always really surprised at how much of this I use each week.  I think I'm probably going to end up using this whole product up because I'm just always so pleased with my progress on it that it encourages me to keep going with it.


2. Physician's Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50 Bronzer in Fair - I really haven't used this that much the past week because I've been too busy to focus on wearing lots of makeup.  I'm starting to get back into school mode now that I have only two weeks left of my summer vacation so makeup has taken a back burner.


2. NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny - This is another product I haven't really made much progress on this week.  I think I may have only worn this two or three times this week and I need so little each time.  I'll try to make it a point to use this more in the coming week but I know this week will be another busier one.

Recap of All Finished Products:
1. e.l.f. Studio Blush in Candid Coral: June 20
2. Benefit Boi-ing Concealer in Light: June 22
3. Maybelline Loose Powder in Light: July 9
4. NYX Eyeshadow in True Taupe: July 10
5. Ulta Finishing Powder: July 19

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness only two weeks left of summer break? When does your school begin? My district doesn't start calling us in until mid to end of August! Awesome work on your products though, it often amazes me how long it takes to get through the products. Puts in perspective really how many bases and concealers we "need" at a given time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily, I start back the first week of August. So early, right? But we have central air in all the buildings and really long breaks during the school year (a week off for Thanksgiving!) so I'm okay with it. I definitely agree that doing something like this makes me rethink buying makeup. I definitely do not need all these bronzers that I have.

      Delete