Saturday, July 12, 2014

Use It Up: Update 7/12


Another week has passed and it's time for my third update on my attempt to use up (or put a dent in) some of my makeup items.  This was a good week!

Use It Up:

1. Maybelline Shine Free Oil-Control Loose Powder in Light - I guess it was pointless to try to measure the mass of this, since I finished it off just a few days later!  I didn't even realize it was almost gone until I went to use it one day and was struggling to get enough product out.  I looked a little closer and realized it was about empty!  In the photo above, I'm holding it upside down and no more product will come out.  Go me!  Then I realized I have another loose powder so I'm going to sort of alternate between that one and my last beloved Physician's Formula Healthy Wear Powder Foundation.


2. NYX Eyeshadow Single in True Taupe - I can't believe I used an entire eyeshadow!  I think I've only done that maybe one other time.  This shadow was definitely a favorite of mine and it will be sorely missed, especially since they don't make this exact shadow any longer.  However, I believe I may have found a good replacement for it, although that is a post for another day.


3. Physician's Formula black eyeliner - Wow, this is now the only product left that I had planned to finish up.  Obviously, my original estimate was quite wrong, but maybe another two weeks?  I'm definitely making progress, as seen in the photos above but I just don't use that much eyeliner on a daily basis.  I'm keeping at it though!

Put A Dent In:


1. Pixi Undereye Concealer - After I found this little guy hidden in a drawer, I added him to the list after my Boi-ing concealer was gone.  I've actually made more progress than I thought I would!  I don't know if this is a product I will end up finishing but I'm definitely going to keep using it for awhile.  I'm thinking of adding it into the "Use It Up" section but I just don't know if I want to keep going with this project once I go back to work in August.  Luckily, I don't have to decide for a few more weeks yet.


2. Physician's Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50 Bronzer in Fair - I can definitely tell I've made some progress on this one!  It's not big progress, but it's something.  The amount of pan showing is more than when I started, which is reassuring.


2. NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny - And I can also tell I've made some real progress on this guy!  Specifically, I can tell that there is a little more pan showing by that bottom bar in the pan.  Finally!

I'm feeling pretty good about my progress this week, which I'm happy about since last week was kind of disappointing to me.  We'll have to see what next week brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment