Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Teacher School Clothes Haul

I have only two weeks left of summer vacation before I start back to work so that means it's time to start getting back to business.  I've been making decorations for my classroom and working on some presentations for the first few weeks of classes but I'm also getting my mind ready for wearing professional clothes again... because my yoga pants and boyfriend tee are not acceptable work wear unless you teach PE... which I don't.  I didn't really need any skirts but when I saw that Kohl's had skorts on sale, I couldn't resist buying two from my favorite line.


Denim skort, from Kohl's

I bought this denim skort from Kohl's.  I really love this skort.  It's the perfect length for my short legs so that it's knee length without having to be hemmed.  I used to have a denim pencil skirt that I loved but it's about two sizes too big now and I figured it was time to replace it.  This will be perfect for casual Fridays for the first month or two of school, while it's still too hot to wear jeans when taking the kids to recess.  It won't cool down in Florida until probably October.


Navy skort, from Kohl's

I also bought this navy blue skort from Kohl's.  I've been wanting a navy skirt for awhile now.  I have a navy polka dot skirt but I just don't really feel like it's "me" like this one is.  I also love that both of these skirts have real pockets and belt loops.  Those things come in handy when teaching!  Kohl's also has this same skort in olive for any one who loves an olive skirt as much as I love mine.

What I really did need were some short sleeved or sleeveless tops for teaching.  I really wanted some tops that were light, cool, and comfortable.  I tried on this one, this one, and this one when we were at Kohl's but I just didn't really love any of them.  Next we went to Ross and I found two tops that I really did like, at prices that I loved!  One of them will need some alterations but for the low price I paid, I'm willing to put in the extra work.


Floral chiffon and knit top, from Ross

First I picked up this gorgeous floral tee.  I know it looks like a high-low hem here, but it's just the way it's sitting on the hanger.  The sleeves and back are jersey knit fabric and the front floral panel is chiffon.  The fit is just a little big on me which makes it loose, flowy, and cool for summer.  I can see myself wearing this with either of the new skorts I bought, with black pants and a denim jacket and I really can't wait to wear it with my bright orange pencil skirt!  Normally I'm not a fan of florals like this but this shirt just spoke to me and I love it.


Coral crepe top, from Ross

This gorgeous coral crepe top was only $6.99 at Ross!  I don't love the high-low hem but I knew I was mostly going to wear it tucked in.  The only problem I have with this top is that it's a bit too wide for me and the box like shape doesn't really complement my figure.  However, for under ten dollars, I'm willing to slap it on the sewing machine and take in the sides just a bit to make it more flattering.  It should be an easy alteration because the shirt is sleeveless and if for some reason it doesn't turn out great, I'm only out a few bucks.

A few days later hubby and I headed over to Belk and I scored big time there.



Tribal print chiffon top, from Belk

I don't normally shop in the juniors department but Belk's petites department was just so depressing and matronly that I headed over the junior's clearance and I am so glad I did!  I tried on this shirt but it was just a little shorter and wider than I wanted and really not flattering.  Then I found this super cute tribal print chiffon top marked at $14.99 and then half off of that and I was thrilled!  I didn't realize until I got it home that it actually buttons up the back but that doesn't really make a difference to me.  I guess it just adds some interest.  Again, I don't normally like prints like this but I really wanted to try something different and I ended up really liking it.


Navy chiffon peasant top, from Belk

This top was marked as $19.99 and 50% off of that.  It's available online here and is currently $9.99 and comes in Atlas Ivory or Nitecap Navy, shown above.  I've been hoping to find a navy chiffon shirt for awhile now and this one fit the bill perfectly!  I love the detailing down the center that adds some interest.  I can see myself wearing this with khaki pants and I've already worn it with my olive skirt.


Coral cropped cardigan, from Belk

I've actually had my eye on these colored cropped cardigans since probably May but at $34, there was no way I was going to buy them.  However, when my size was clearanced at $14.99 and 50% off... yup!  For $7.49, I bought this one in Coral, as well as the one below in Peppermint.  The coral one would layer great over the navy tops above, as well as with several dresses that I already own.  Both shades are available at the price I paid here.


Peppermint cropped cardigan, from Belk

And here is the Peppermint shade.  This color would also go with the navy tops above, as well as dresses I already own.  I actually wanted these cardigans in the first place to pair with some of my dresses and I'm really glad I didn't spend a ton on them.  In all at Belk, I ended up saving $109.45 and I spent less than $35 on four pieces.  Win!


Nude and black camisoles, from Bealls Outlet

Last, I figured I'd better get some camisoles to wear underneath of all these chiffon-like sheer tops I bought.  I picked up this pack of two camis at Bealls Outlet.  There is a nude one and a black one.  I'll need to shorten the straps on both but that's pretty typical with me and any sort of tank top.  So I'm all set with my teacher school clothes.  Now I just to get my brain going and start creating some cute new outfits with these pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment