Monday, July 28, 2014

Stamping


Another nail challenge here, this time stamping!  The hardest part of this challenge for me was just picking the base and stamping colors and deciding which image I wanted to use.  I decided to go with another of my untried glitter polishes.



The last time I used one of my glitter polishes, it looked great but didn't end well.  Two fingers of glitter came off in single chunks while I was in the shower (gross) and third came off in one chunk in my mouth while I was flossing my teeth (double gross).  I was thinking maybe my DIY glue base coat had been watered down a bit too much so this time I tried my thicker tacky glue as a base coat.  I didn't water it down at all, but just squirted a bit onto aluminum foil and then used a small concealer brush to paint it right onto my nail.



After my glue was dry, I applied two coats of Sally Hansen Rockstar Pink, using the dabble method.  I really struggled to photograph this polish.  First of all, glitter every where on my fingers that no amount of acetone could remove... just moved to some where else.  Secondly, this polish is much prettier in real life than in the photos.  There are dark fuchsia glitters, red, blue and either silver or gold, I'm not sure.  I added a thick coat of Seche Vite but it was still pretty gritty.



After that was all dry, I stamped over Rockstar Pink with Bundle Monster plate BM315 and Essie Good As Gold.  I'm a little upset though because this manicure looked so much prettier in real life than in photographs.  Just trust me that it was beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment