Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Silver


The theme for today's New 31 Day Nail Challenge is silver.  I knew right away what polish I wanted to use as my silver base, but I wasn't sure where I wanted to go after that.  I actually took some inspiration from my silver bottle of shaving cream, shown above.



I started off with two easy coats of Celeb City from the Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear line.  It's a great shimmery silver and it lasted like a champ on my nails!  I want to say I left this on from Wednesday evening until Saturday morning and by then there was only minimal tip wear and a few tiny chips.  Good stuff.



I stamped over Celeb City with Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Presto Pink and Bundle Monster Nail Plate BM314.  I thought that image did a pretty good job of mimicking the scrolling, swirly design from the shave bottle.



When I went into work last week, I was a little worried that my new boss might not be thrilled with my crazy nail polish designs, as some principals are very strict about that sort of thing.  I was thrilled to see that my new boss was rocking an awesome holographic polish!  (Maybe it was China Glaze Not In This Galaxy?)



1 comment:

  1. Oh this is really pretty! I have a stamper that I bought from Big Lots at least a year ago, but I have never used it! I think I'll have to get it out now and try some designs.

    ReplyDelete