Monday, July 7, 2014

Purple

Artificial lighting; Click to enlarge

For this manicure, I used one of my favorite purple polishes, Milani's 3D Holographic polish in Hi Res.  This is a really fine holographic shimmer.  This is just two coats but it still is opaque.  Above, I tried taking a picture that was both in focus as well as a blurry one so you could see the holo better but my camera is not really the best at macro shots.


Artificial lighting
I knew I wanted to stamp over it with something that would really let the holo still shine through so I went with the flower image from Bundle Monster plate BM419.  I was struggling with deciding what color to stamp with but I finally decided to bust out one of my fun colored stamping polishes that I have neglected.  I liked the way this shade looked with the purple.  It's Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Emerald Express.  Don't be fooled, this polish is not at all emerald.  It's more like a dark teal.  What you see in the bottle here is pretty color accurate in the photos.


While the stamping is kind of hard to see in these photos (again, not great macro shots), in real life, I can see it a little better and it looks awesome.  I'm loving this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment