Thursday, July 17, 2014

Nail Strips at Dollar Tree


The other day I was at Dollar Tree checking out the cosmetics section and I noticed they had several types of nail strips, including Sally Hansen Nail Strips, which usually run any where from $8 - $10.  I just couldn't pass up that great of a bargain!  My Dollar Tree only had one design, Queen of the Jungle, but I thought it would be a fun one.



This design is no longer listed on Sally Hansen's website so I'm guessing it may have been discontinued or something.  My DT also had a lot of bottles of what appeared to be discontinued shades from NYC, a Wet N Wild owned brand, and a few others but there was nothing there I really wanted so I passed on those.



I also picked up a pack of Sassy + Chic Embossed Nail Stickers.  Since these are listed on DT's website, I'm guessing they are more of a regular item, rather than a discontinued thing.  There were several designs to choose from but the others were either too funky for this 30 year old, or too embossed.  I don't really like bumpy stuff on my nails, as it tends to get caught in my hair, clothes, blankets, and so on.  I'm guessing these nail strips are probably not as good of quality as the Sally Hansen ones but we'll see.  I've had mixed results with the Sally Hansen strips in the past (see here and here) but I thought for only one dollar each, these would give me something fun to try once the school year starts and I have less time to do manis.

It's hard to tell in the photo above, but the Sassy + Chic strips I bought are a medium purple base with a shiny metallic gold shatter design.  The photos are hard to tell that the design is gold because of the reflection of the flash.

2 comments:

  1. I've tried those Sassy & Chic strips before (in one of the ridiculous patterns LOL I think it was pink/turquoise leopard print??) and they're definitely not like the other polish strips I've tried before. They really are "nail stickers", meaning they feel like actual stickers instead of strips made of polish. idk how to describe it, but you'll see...they're not horrible, just definitely not what I was expecting! I like that pattern though...I wish my Dollar Tree had the Sally Hansen kind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads up, Jessica. I wasn't expecting much for $1 but I didn't think they would just be stickers! If there is a Big Lots near you, you could check there for the Sally Hansen strips. I read on another blog that some people had spotted them there as well.

      Delete