Thursday, July 3, 2014

July 4 Manicure


I'm skipping ahead on my nail challenge today to Day 26, inspired by your country.  Tomorrow is July 4th, or Independence Day here in the USA so of course I had to go with some red, white, and blue nails.  At first, I really wasn't looking forward to this manicure just because I feel like everything has already been done with RWB so I ended up just picking out some polishes I really like from each of those shades and it turned into a sort of skittle mani that I love!  Below you can see what I chose.


On my pinky, middle, and index fingers, I used Orly's Bonder as a base coat and then used white craft glue as a base coat for the glitter on my ring finger and thumbs.  The polishes I used were: Milani Red Sparkle, Sinful Colors Tokyo Pearl, and Sally Hansen Blue It as my red, white, and blue.  Originally, I had planned on just painting some RWB nails and then making the manicure into something I would actually like by using my Sally Hansen Paint Pen in Red for stripes over the white and my dotting tool to add some white "stars" over the blue but after painting everything, I ended up really liking the look of it plain.  If I get motivated later this evening or tomorrow, I might add to it but for now I'm enjoying it plain.


I topcoated all of these pretty shades with one coat of NYC Grand Central Station but I might go back over the glitter nails with another coat just because Red Sparkle is a thirsty glitter polish and it's still quite gritty on the nails and not as shiny as it could be.  However, I'm sort of torn because I started reading The Silmarillion last night and I'm pretty into it and could totally be happy spending the rest of the day on the couch reading, especially since a big storm is in the process of rolling in right now.


Either way, I'm glad I ended up with a manicure that I liked.  I also ordered these nail art brushes off of Amazon and I am impatiently awaiting their arrival from China.  I ordered them on June 24th and it takes awhile for things to get here from that far away.  I'm looking forward to trying them out when they do arrive!


No comments:

Post a Comment