Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Geometric


This nail challenge was something I knew could be a pleaser for me: Geometric!  I have lots of geometric looking nail plates to stamp from so I chose a cool one from my new Bundle Monster set and got to work.


I recently picked up Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Coin Flip, although it turned out to be pretty much identical to a limited edition shade I already had, Time to Shine.  So if you have one you probably don't need the other but at least it was a shade I like and only spent a few bucks on.  After applying Orly Bonder for a base coat, I used two coats of Coin Flip.  It's a really pretty foil that kind of shifts from bronze to gold to dark champagne, depending on the light.  I think it's great on its own or with nail art.


Next, I added a layer of NYC Grand Central Station as a topcoat before I got started on the stamping.  This way, if you make a mistake when stamping, a cotton bud dipped in acetone will quickly remove the stamp without removing the base color.


Then I stamped the round geometric design from Bundle Monster plate BM412 using Sally Hansen Insta Dri in Ruby Rush.  In these photos, Ruby Rush can come off as looking dark fuchsia, purple, or red, depending on the light.  I'm not sure if that's because of the base color or what but I thought it made this mani more interesting.


Finally, I topped it all off with another coat of Grand Central Station.  Sometimes I wonder why I ever stray from nail stamping when it comes out looking so good but I guess this challenge is making me try new things... for the better or for the worse!

No comments:

Post a Comment