Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Favorite Color Family


Today's nail challenge was "favorite color family" so I knew this manicure would have a pink base but I was a bit stumped on what to do from there.  I showed hubby the pink I picked out and asked him what he thought I should stamp over it.  "White chevron!" he immediately responded.  And since he was so sure it would look good, I decided to go with it.  Good pick hubby!



The base color here is NYC Lafayette Pink.  I used three thin coats because this was still a bit streaky at two but the third coat made everything even out and look fantastic and shiny.  Also, I finally remembered to charge my good digital camera so these pictures are quite color accurate and in my opinion, look much better than my other camera's photos did.



After my base color, I stamped over the pink with Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in White On with the chevron design from Bundle Monster nail plate BM423.



My bottle of White On is on its last leg.  It started out being used for manicures but when the bottle was nearly empty, it was too thick and goopy for painting nails but perfect for stamping.  Now it's pretty much gone and I had to add some polish from a new bottle of White On to be able to stamp.  I think I'm just going to buck up and buy Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Whirlwind White.  Do they still make that?  I don't even know but I definitely need a better white stamping polish because these look more like pink nails with lighter pink chevron.  Either way, I love how cute and girly they are!



No comments:

Post a Comment