Sunday, July 13, 2014

Duochrome, Flakie, or Holo


Today's nail challenge is duochrome, flakie, or holo.  I was really just itching to use one of my new gorgeous glitters and since Milani's Pink Flare has large holographic glitters in it, I figured it counted enough for me.



I started off with a coat of peel off glue top coat as my base for this.  Then I added two coats of Milani One Coat Glitter in Pink Flare.  This is definitely not a one coater and I could have probably done three coats or layered this over a pink creme but I wanted to see how it would work out on its own in two coats and I'm still pretty happy with it.



I would say that on the nail in real life, this is about 90% opaque with two coats and you can only see visible nail line in some lightings at some angles.  It actually to me looks more sheer in these photos.  Also, I struggled to photograph the holographic bits because again, they show up better in real life, very similar to what you're seeing in the bottle here.



I love this glitter polish!  It's really pretty and sparkley but since the shade is lighter, it's a bit more subdued and not as loud as something like Milani Red Sparkle.  To finish off the manicure, I added a top coat of Seche Vite.  My bottle of SV is rather old and I don't really use it much any more because it causes shrinkage on my nail polish and it's thickened up a bit too.  For me, it's perfect for over glitter because it just smooths right over the glitter grittiness and shrinks the tips enough for the glitter to not hang over the edge of my nails, which is nice in my opinion.  So I actually like Seche Vite to top of glitter polishes but I don't use it for most of my manicures.



These photos don't do this polish justice at all so you'll have to trust me that in real life, this is even prettier.  Definitely glad I snatched this polish up for $2.65!

No comments:

Post a Comment