Thursday, July 31, 2014

Color Opposites


I knew when I saw that today's nail challenge was color opposites that I wanted to do something with teal.  Apparently the opposite of teal (blue-green) is more like red-orange but I wasn't feeling that.  I figured on this color wheel that teal and pink were close enough to opposites for me!



After applying a base coat of Orly Bonder, I applied two coats of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Jazzy Jade.  This is a pretty and shimmery green leaning teal that applied really easily.  These swatch photos also have a top coat of NYC Grand Central Station for ultimate shininess.



Next, I used a makeup sponge wedge and sponged two coats of Sally Hansen Insta Dri Flashy Fuchsia onto the bottom half of my nails.  The first coat just came out looking purple, hence the need for a second coat and the reason why there is a purple line in the middle of the two shades.



Overall, I consider this mani a like but not a love.  Maybe I should have tried taping off the first color but I was too lazy to wait that long for my polish to dry.  Live and learn!



No comments:

Post a Comment