Thursday, June 19, 2014

Using Up Products


I have several products that I'm working on using up right now.  I thought the easiest way to track my progress would be to photograph and document it here on the blog.  Above are the products I'm working on.  I've organized them into two categories: products I plan to finish off in the coming weeks and some I'm just hoping to put a dent in.

Finish Off:
Maybelline Loose Powder
1. Maybelline Shine Free Oil-Control Loose Powder in Light - I've had this powder for ages.  I'm not a big fan of it.  It mattifies your face but doesn't last long and gives very little coverage.  Definitely will never repurchase this.  However, there isn't all that much left and it works well enough for these summer days when I'm mostly hanging out at home. I'm hoping to finish this powder before summer is over.  Estimated finish date: August 1st or later.

NYX True Taupe Eyeshadow
2. NYX Eyeshadow Single in True Taupe - I absolutely love this eyeshadow.  It's a great natural shadow that just adds a little definition to my lid.  I've actually been trying not to use this lately because I didn't have a replacement for it.  I finally bit the bullet and purchased a new version of this shadow.  More on that story later, as this particular shade was discontinued.  Anyway, now that I have a backup shadow, I'm trying to finish this shadow.  It might be hard to tell from the photo but there is just a little shadow left around the edges.  I imagine this will take me several weeks to finish off.  Estimated finish date: July 15th or later.

e.l.f. blush in Candid Coral
3. e.l.f. Studio Blush in Candid Coral - As you can see, I've already depotted this blush into a small pill container.  I think I'll be finishing it up in the next few days.  It's a nice blush but I won't be repurchasing it just because I have so many other blushes and I didn't really love it, just liked it.  Estimated finish date: June 21st.

Physician's Formula Eyeliner
4. Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Eyeliner Trio in Warm Nude Eyes, black shade - This is a good smudge and water resistant eye liner.  I love these trio liners from Physician's Formula.  This particular shade just has a lot more shimmer than what I prefer so I'm using it up over the summer.  It can handle Florida's heat and humidity without melting off but I have other liners that I prefer so I won't be repurchasing it.  I think this will take me several weeks to use up.  Estimated finish date: July 10th.

Benefit Boi-ing Concealer

5. Benefit Boi-ing Industrial Strength Concealer in Light - This was a good, heavy duty under eye concealer.  I won't be repurchasing it just because I have a very similar Avon concealer that I need to use up, along with several other concealers.  For anyone interested, the Avon concealer is extremely similar in coverage to the Boi-ing, at a fraction of the cost.  This concealer is almost gone, but there is still some along the edges.  I think this will be gone in about a week.  Estimated finish date: June 26th.


Put A Dent In It:

Physician's Formula Bronzer

1. Physician's Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50 Bronzer in Fair - I've had this guy for so long.  This product was discontinued awhile ago but I really just don't go through bronzer that fast.  I generally don't wear it on a regular basis but the Maybelline loose powder I'm using right now is a bit too light for me right now so I'm just sweeping on some of this over it to even things out a bit.  Hopefully in the process, the dip in the pan will at least grow a bit.

NYC Bronzer in Sunny
2. NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny - Awhile ago I heard that this product was being discontinued so I purchased a backup.  Of course, it was not discontinued and now I have two of a product I only use occasionally.  It's a good contour for fair skin, as it is matte and not that dark.  I've been working on using this guy up for ages now and I never seem to get any closer to finishing it.  Again, I'm just hoping to see an increase in the dip in the pan.

Physician's Formula Powder Foundation
3. Physician's Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50 Powder Foundation in Translucent Light - This is another product that was discontinued, much to my chagrin, as this was my favorite powder and foundation for quite some time.  This is my last compact of it and I feel like it's time to use it up and move on.  I plan to use this after I finish the crummy Maybelline powder but I also use it on days when my skin needs a bit more coverage or when I'm in a hurry, as this is quicker to apply than the messy loose powder.  I think this will go pretty fast after I use up the Maybelline powder but who knows when that will be.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you're on your last Physicians Formula foundation powder! I remember back when you were finding great deals and stocking up. You motivate me to finish products even if I don't like them. I need to look into the Avon concealer...when I finish the ones I have right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's a sad day! But I'm sure there is another product out there waiting for me. Good luck on using up your products! It's always a challenge for me but I get motivated once I see that first glimpse of silver pan!

      Delete