Saturday, June 28, 2014

Use It Up: Update 6/28


Last week, I decided to make an effort to finish off some makeup items that I've had for way too long.   I know that for me, photographing the progress helps keep me on track.  It's easier to keep going when you can see results.  Here's the update on how it's going.

Use Up Items:

1. Maybelline Shine Free Oil-Control Loose Powder in Light - This powder is so hard to photograph or even see if I've made progress because it has the non-removable sifter lid.  I think I've made good progress on this but it's really anyone's guess.



2. NYX Eyeshadow Single in True Taupe - I've made visible progress on this shadow.  I'm not surprised, as it's a really soft shadow and tends to get dusty when using it but that same softness also makes it a dream to apply and blend.  After taking this photo, I actually depotted it because it was getting hard to use.  I think it may end up being used up before my original estimated date.  I'm thinking maybe just a few more days or maybe a week left in this little guy.



3. e.l.f. Studio Blush in Candid Coral - I finished this already, one day before I estimated that I would finish it.  I've been using my Mary Kay blush in Citrus Bloom a lot, but I'm not ready to choose another blush to start using up right now.  I want to keep my options open and not make any blush commitments at this time. ;)



4. Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Eyeliner Trio in Warm Nude Eyes, black shade - Umm, that's an absurdly long name so from now on let's just call it Physician's Formula black eyeliner, okay?  Okay.  This is another item that's sort of hard to tell just how much I've used because of the scale of the photos.  I think I've made some progress but I'm thinking that July 10th estimated finish date may be a bit too optimistic.  We'll see.


5. Benefit Boi-ing Industrial Strength Concealer in Light -I finished this guy quite a few days earlier than I thought.  Now I'm using a really similar Avon concealer and I'm liking it.  Every time I see that that Avon concealer is only $7, I'm just amazed because it is every bit as good as this Benefit one was.  Just for comparison, I might start rotating in my old Pixi Correction Concentrate to see which I like better.

Put A Dent In Items:

1. Physician's Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50 Bronzer in Fair - I've used this guy every day and it looks exactly the same to me.  *Sigh*


2. NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny - This is another item I don't see any change in.  I haven't used this one every day so I'm not too surprised but I am disappointed.

*Note: I did not include the Physician's Formula Powder Foundation because I haven't used it at all this week, since I'm using the loose powder.  Therefore, there is currently no change in it from last week.

So there it is!  Definitely some progress as I've used up two items already but I feel like I still have a long way to go.  But I've got to run now... I ordered the 2013 CYO nail plates from Bundle Monster off of Amazon and they just arrived!  I also ordered the 2013 Holiday nail plates from Bundle Monster but I don't think they will get here until next week.

2 comments: