Monday, June 30, 2014

Nail Kits


I can't remember if it was Christmas this year or last year, but my brother and his fiancee bought me these two fun nail kits.  I totally forgot about them, as they were tucked away on a bookshelf in my bedroom but I found them today and thought I would share them.

The first one is Glam Chick Glitter Polish Collection.  I swatched all of these colors on a nail wheel but all of them were pretty much just tinted clear polish with the same glitter.  It has large and small chunks of glitter.  There are nothing terribly special but the set is fun.

The second kit is Glam Chick Sugar Manicure Kit.  It comes with a nail file, two polishes in a teal and fuchsia tone.  They are opaque at two coats and are rather pretty on their own but they have this strange very strong smell.  I know all polish smells strong but these are particularly stinky and I noticed the same about the glitter polishes above.  Not sure what's up with that.  You also get three small tubs of "sugar".  They actually look to me to be colored salt but I'm not sure what they really are.  You are supposed to paint one coat of polish, wait for it to dry, then paint a second coat.  While the second coat is still wet, you are instructed to dip the nail into the pot of colored "sugar".  You have three shades, a pink, a green and a blue.  I haven't tried it yet but it seems fun!  I think I might try it for the texture challenge on my 31 day nail challenge I plan to do.  I probably won't do a whole manicure though.  Let's be honest.  If you touched anything with this sugar manicure on, the particles would make a colossal mess and get everywhere.  But I'll swatch it for fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment