Monday, June 23, 2014

My Skin Care Routine

Today I'm going to share with you my detailed skin care routine.  I've adapted this from The Regimen from Acne.org.  I've taken their tips (as well as one of their products) and turned it into something that worked for me.  ProActiv, Faux Active and a million other products didn't work for me but this has been the one thing that has given me the skin I really wanted.

Morning

Morning:
1. I gently splash warm water on my face for about 5 or 10 seconds.  Apply a generous amount of gentle skin cleanser and spread all over face with a feather light touch.  Once your entire face is covered, gently rinse.
2. Using a makeup remover wipe, remove any leftover makeup from the day before.
3. Apply a fairly thick layer of 2.5% benzoyl peroxide.  Allow the cream to set for a few minutes before gently rubbing it in and blending it into your skin.
4. Apply eye cream under eyes.
5. Using a nickel size amount of sensitive skin SPF 15 moisturizer, blend 4-5 drops of jojoba oil in with the moisturizer.  Blend gently into the skin, avoiding the eye area.
6. Apply makeup as usual.

Evening

Evening:
1. In the shower, use an Olay Daily Facial cloth to remove the day's makeup.
2. Using the same process from the morning, wash face using gentle skin cleanser.
3. After finishing in the shower, apply benzoyl peroxide again.  Allow it to dry and blend in any excess.
4. Apply eye cream under eyes.
5. Using a nickel size amount of moisturizing lotion, mixed with 4-5 drops of jojoba oil, blend gently into the skin, avoiding the eye area.

Tips:
1. Always use your fingers to apply products to your face.  This allows you to control the amount of pressure you use.  You want to use the least amount of pressure possible, as being too rough on your face can irritate it and cause acne.
2. If you find that you are still having acne, use more benzoyl peroxide.  If your skin is gettting overly dry and peeling, try using less benzoyl peroxide.  Find an amount that works for you based on your skin and stick with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment