Sunday, June 22, 2014

Manicure Day 2


Yesterday I posted pictures of the manicure seen above.  (Click here if you missed the original post.)  I was itching to paint my nails again today, after finding lots of cool new techniques that seemed easy enough for even me to do.  However, I really liked the manicure I already had and it wasn't chipped or worn or anything so I thought instead of starting completely over, I would just add a little something to change it up.

I decided to go a little funky and do black over my gradient pink and orange manicure.  I was trying to decide between distressed nails, floss picks, fan brush, or something else.  I decided to sort of copy the style of fan brush nails but with an eyebrow brush instead.  I don't use eyebrow brushes but they seem to come with every brush kit.  I think I have something like four or five so I figured this would at least give me a chance to use them.  I think it turned out pretty cool!

I particularly like the way the ring and pinky fingers came out.  And I think the black stripes gave the manicure just enough interest to keep it fun for another day.  I'll probably take it off tomorrow though.  I'm thinking I might start a nail challenge like I did back in the summer of 2012.  That was really fun and I wanted to do something similar but not exactly the same.  I found this awesome 31 day nail challenge on Pinterest and after some searching, I found that the original source of the challenge is posted here, from Crumpet's Nail Tarts.  I think it will challenge me to try some things I wouldn't try otherwise (texture polish!) and to learn some new techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment