Above, you see a bucket of flowers that I turned into pens. You just cut the flowers off a few inches from the stem and use floral tape to adhere them to pens. I use these in my classroom. They will sit in the bucket next to where my students sign out to use the hall pass. This way, they always have something to write with. Also, they make a lovely decoration and I find that these flower pens are less likely to grow legs and walk away than when I used to provide regular pens. And really, aren't they just so pretty?
Next, I'm working on dyeing all my pocket charts black. Pocket charts seem to only come in these terrible primary colors. Mine were originally primary blue and primary red. I hate those colors. I have always hated those colors in my classroom. I saw on Pinterest that someone had successfully dyed theirs black and I was thrilled to try to see if I could replicate the results and so far it's been successful! My first try came out dark navy but the second one was black! I haven't tried the red one yet and I also plan on trying to get that navy one to dye black but I still think it looks way better!
Finally, I had my super sweet hubby spray paint my plastic Sterilite drawers for me. My students turn in homework, classwork, and signed papers in these drawers and they were just so sad looking before. A few coats of Barbie pink later (this paint, actually) and they are gorgeous! I still plan on adding some cute scrapbook labels but that's a project for another day.