Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Black & White Nails


A few days ago I came across several nail challenges on Pinterest that I thought would be fun to do during the summer.  I started this one from Crumpet's Nail Tarts but I'm not sure if I'm going to go the whole way through with it because yesterday I was talking to my friend and neighbor and she suggested that we do a nail challenge together!  Which sounds way more fun.  So if we decide that we want to do a different challenge, I'll just start over, no big deal.  For now, here is my creation for the black and white challenge.  I started with black and white but had to add in a little color because black and white is not really my forte.


After applying a base coat, I started by applying three coats of Wet N Wild Mega Last Nail Color in Break the Ice.  You can't really tell from this photo but it's a white with very fine shimmer.  But it takes foreveeeeeer to dry and I just really don't do well with polishes like that.  And even though I painted my nails in the afternoon, I somehow managed to make a dent in it at like 10:00 at night.


Next, I took the black pen from this kit and drew three black stripes across each nail, which went really well on my left hand (I'm right handed) and went... as well as you'd think on my right.  Next, I went in with my Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen in Turquoise and made two stripes in between each black one.  Finally, I used Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Silver Sweep to put a dot at the end of each black stripe using my Orly dotting tool.  Finally, I topped it all off with some NYC Top Coat.


No comments:

Post a Comment