Sunday, April 27, 2014

Use It Up


I've got a few products hanging around my makeup desk that I've been trying to use up.  A lot of them are products that I have replacements for already so I won't be purchasing something to replace them.  I've really been trying not to buy more makeup, as I already have just so much that I'll probably never use it.  So it's finally nice to see some products getting to the end of their lives.  I've been making it a point to use these items at least two or three times a week, although some have been getting used pretty much daily.  Hopefully a few of them will make it into my next empties post!

1. Maybelline Shine Free Oil-Control Loose Powder in Light: I couldn't even tell you how long I've had this powder.  It mattifies your face for a short time but that's about it.  It really adds no coverage.  I don't recommend it and wouldn't purchase it again.  I'm just trying to use it up because there's so much of it and I need a new powder soon but I'm not ready to commit yet.  I think it will take me a long time to use this up but I've been using it on the weekends and I'll probably use it a lot this summer when I don't plan on going much of anywhere.

2. e.l.f. Studio Blush in Candid Coral: This is a great peachy pink shade that has some shimmer.  It goes with pretty much any makeup look so it's nice that it's versatile but it's not unique in any way so when it's gone, it will be easy to replace.  I actually have another blush that I've hit pan on that I might work on using up when this guy is gone.

3. Avon Sample Size Lipgloss: I'm not really sure what the color or kind of lipgloss this is.  It's a sample size that my mom gave me for Christmas along with several other Avon products so I'm just trying not to let this little guy go to waste.

4. Milani Liquid Eye Eyeliner in Brown: This is a great and long lasting eyeliner that (once you let it set) does not smudge or wear away.  I won't be replacing it simply because I totally forgot I have the NYX Slide On Pencil in Brown and also a Rimmell pencil that I can use when this one is gone.  I don't think this Milani pencil is much longer for this world... the liner stick fell out of the wooden pencil and it's getting pretty hard to use without making a colossal mess of my face, clothes, and floor.  A sure sign that it's time to pack it in.

5. NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny: I already have a backup of this from ages ago when I was told it was discontinued.  It was not.  I like this product a lot, I just don't usually use bronzer on a daily basis... but I am now!

6. Benefit Boi-ing Concealer in Light: This is a good concealer for undereyes.  I would not recommend it for blemishes.  However, I have a heavy duty concealer in a stick form from Avon that I will be using when this is finished.  I also have a few others like my Pixi color corrector that I could use so I won't be repurchasing this any time soon.

Close ups of the pans

4 comments:

  1. Love reading the mini reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zara! I always think those sort of things are useful not only for readers, but for myself when I think six months from now, "Wait, did I like that eyeliner the last time I bought it?" And I just go and see what I wrote about it before. :)

      Delete
  2. dont you think making videos again :( i miss your videos so much
    love from Turkey :xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I might make videos again but right now, it's just not something that's a high priority for me with the small amount of free time I have.

      Delete