Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Trial and Error


I've said it before and I'll say it again, style is not something that comes easily to me.  Today's outfit is a perfect example.  I tried five different ways to wear this dress before I finally found one that I thought looked good.  That's the outfit that finally made the cut. It took me a lot of trial and error to get to something that I thought looked good.


First I started out with the long beige cardigan.  That was just way too frumpy and shapeless so I tried putting the orange belt over the cardigan but it was still just meh.  Next, I tried the denim jacket seen here but that was still shapeless and sad so I tried buttoning it but still no go.  Finally, I tried the same idea but with my cropped denim jacket seen here and then we had a winner!  I should have realized much sooner that the longer over pieces were hiding the place where the dress has some shape - at the waist.  All the more reason why it wasn't a mistake for me to buy two denim jackets, right?  Definitely not regretting that.


navy blue floral dress from Ross
cropped denim jacket from Vanity Fair Clearance Outlet
orange skinny belt from Body Central
L'eggs nylons from Outlet
nude flats from Vanity Fair Outlet


And a close up of my curls today!  I got a ton of compliments on this hairstyle so if you're wondering how I did my hair, it's the same way as the tutorial I posted here.

No comments:

Post a Comment